Thursday, January 10, 2008

Are you as smart as most kindergartener's?

O.K. folks, here is a riddle for you. When asked this riddle, 80% of kindergarten kids got the answer, compared to only 17% of Stanford University seniors. (This comes to us courtesy of Paul Harvey.)

What is greater than God, More evil than the devil, The poor have it, The rich need it, and If you eat it, you'll die?

Hmmm... did anyone get it? I got it pretty quick (which made me feel good) but Bert could not get it without a hint (which made me feel even better!) See if you can get it without a hint...

7 comments:

Joel and Stacy Ham said...

What is "nothing."

The very 1st line makes this riddle easy for believers. We serve a (THE) mighty God.

Thanks for the riddle Mol!

Joel

VrouwBouwman said...

Joel, you must have gone to Stanford!;)

Joel and Stacy Ham said...

I GOT IT WRONG! I don't understand!

I guess I'll wait patiently for the answer.

Humbled,
Joel

VrouwBouwman said...

I'm teasing Joel---YOU GOT IT!!!(It was very mean of me...sorry!)It must be genetic, this quick wit we have!;)My kids got it right away, too,(Bear and Bronwen) much to Bert's chagrin!

Molly

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Don't believe everything you read on the internet. they don't even have a kindergarten class at Stanford!!

skymama7 said...

nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!does this qualify me to homeschool my children?????

i hope not!!!!!!!:)

i heard you guys talking about this at kenny's party but i never caught the answer....yeah, i got it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VrouwBouwman said...

See,Wendy! You could homeschool your girls no prob---you are smarter than most Stanford grads!;)

P.S. Bert and I got a chuckle out of the Tim Hawkins "homeschool family" song you sent---we just WISH we were as good as that family!:)